Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Who knew Idaho was so pretty?

...well, actually I did. But I figured there was a chance you didn't, so I thought I would share some pictures from my recent trip there.

A few weeks ago I went on what very well may have been my last climbing trip of the summer. I took a long weekend with a couple of friends and made the grueling 10 hour drive to the City of Rocks in southern Idaho. We left after work on a Thursday, drove all night, and arrived at our destination just as the sun was peaking over the rim of the valley. After not-quite-enough sleep we proceeded to spend three full days climbing, hiking, dodging the sun, and generally exhausting ourselves. We capped the trip off with one final climb on our fourth day just before we hit the road and made the long drive back. Superb camping, huge granite rocks and some good photo opportunities made for a fun end-of-sabbatical trip.








1 comment: