In case you're wondering what's new with Paige and Zach, the long and short of it is not a whole lot...which has been nice (for now).
We spent the holidays hanging out with friends and family, shuffling between houses in Houston and Dallas. All of our Christmas celebrations were wonderful. Friends. Family. Presents. Lots of food. Probably not all that different from anyone else's Christmas, but special in its own right. I will spare you the blow by blow, however highlights include...
- Seeing one of Paige's best friends act in the play A Christmas Carol.
- Homemade cinnamon rolls and family time on Christmas day.
- Getting to play with all five of the nieces and nephews in Dallas.
- Playing a new board game called "Quelf" with my family and then having to explain to my aunts what the word "quief" meant. My sister used the word in a "list as many words that start with the letter 'Q' " competetion and no one else would explain what it meant to them.
- Getting settled into Justin's house. I forgot how fun it was to live with another guy. I finally have someone who will do all the stupid crap with me Paige never would.
We are spending the next few weeks in Houston and then heading to Dallas for a bit before we get back on the road February first. Depending on the weather we'll either be heading through Louisiana by way of Arkansas or straight into Louisiana.
From there we're trying to figure out our route. We'll probably hug the coast until we get to Florida, where we'll jump straight over to the Atlantic side for a few days. After that we'll cut inland to the mountains via Atlanta and stick close to the Appalachian Trail all the way up through New England. Start looking at a map and a calendar and figure out where you want to meet us. We want to see you in a bad way.
Thats all for now. Give us a call. We'd love to hear from you.